Roma are looking to beat Manchester United to one of their top midfield targets, while Inter Milan have turned down a €65million bid for one of their players from one of four clubs, according to Tuesday’s European papers.
ROMA EMERGE AS FAVOURITES FOR MAN UTD TARGET
Roma are reportedly looking to sign Manchester United target Bryan Cristante as soon as possible.
The Atalanta midfielder is currently on loan from Benfica and has had an outstanding season in Serie A, scoring seven goals, whilst he has also notched three times in the Europa League.
United boss Jose Mourinho is said to be a keen admirer of the 22-year-old Italy international, who began his career at Milan before heading to Portugal.
The fee being reported for Cristante is said to be around €30m, although Roma are hoping to get the player for less than that and looking to beat United to the punch, according to the report on Calciomercato.
SKRINIAR BID REJECTED
Milan Skriniar’s agent says Inter Milan have turned down a €60-65million from one of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City or Manchester United for the defender.
The towering centre-back has been heavily linked with Barca, but it’s understood the Slovakia international has been interesting a host of other top European clubs.
“I don’t want to be specific, but I can confirm that one of those clubs made a bid of €60-65m,” Karol Csonto told Sport.
“It didn’t go any further though because we knew that there was no chance of Skriniar being sold by Inter this winter, meaning it was worthless.
“One of these clubs was very interested as I’ve said, we verified it in meetings and last week we discussed it with Inter.”
“The answer was clear: at this moment in time they can’t afford to lose Skriniar. He’s an excellent player, and it’s no coincidence that these clubs are watching him.
“If everything goes well he has a beautiful footballing future ahead of him.”
The centre-back joined only joined Inter from Sampdoria in the summer, but his performances have been so impressive that a host of scouts have been watching him.
MOURINHO MOVES TO BRING IN TOP YOUNG MONACO TALENT
Monaco’s 16-year-old centre-back Benoit Badiashile is on the brink of agreeing a move to Manchester United, according to reports in the French media.
Foot Mercato claims Jose Mourinho is looking to make one final plunge in the January transfer window and wants to bring in the highly-rated young star now and before he signs a professional contract with the Ligue 1 side.
Monaco are used to seeing their top young talent lured away, but the loss of Badiashile would hurt them badly given the dearth of talented young centre-backs in the world game.
The teenager has been watched by Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and RB Leipzig in recent months, but Foot Mercato claims it is Mourinho’s United who look set to sneak in and bring the youngster to Old Trafford having already lodged a bid with Monaco.
Because of his age, United can expect to only pay a nominal fee for Badiashile, who has drawn comparisons with Samuel Umtiti because of his authority in the centre of defence.
But if he fulfills his early potential, the deal could save United millions in the future with the player already tipped to make it to the top of the game.
The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.
AND THE REST
Manchester United target Isco could be preparing to leave Real Madrid (Mundo Deportivo)
Inter Milan captain Mauro Icardi is on the verge of making a huge move to Real Madrid. Argentine journalist Leandro Montoya claims the player will move for €106million, with Mateo Kovacic moving the other way as part of the combined €140m deal
Real Madrid are ready to use Raphael Varane as bait to land Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (Don Balon)
Juventus and Manchester United target Bryan Cristante has revealed that he dreams of playing in the Premier League (Corriere della Sera)
Javier Pastore’s move to Inter Milan is close to collapse after PSG told them they will only consider a permanent move for the player this month (L’Equipe)
Reported Arsenal and Liverpool target Keita Balde has denied claims he is set to join Napoli from Monaco before the transfer window shuts (Canal +)
Athletic Bilbao have decided to replace Manchester City-bound Aymeric Laporte with Inigo Martinez, who has a €32m exit clause in his Real Sociedad contract (El Correo)
Athletic Bilbao are also lining up a new move to sign Newcastle United midfielder Mikel Merino (Marca)
Juventus are meeting Cagliari on Tuesday as they continue negotiations for North Korean striker Han Kwang-song (Tuttomercato)
Roma full-back Emerson Palmieri will fly to the UK today to have a medical at Chelsea ahead of a £17.6million move (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Roma will replace the Brazilian with Barcelona’s out-of-favour full-back Aleix Vidal (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Sevilla have not given up on signing Michy Batshuayi, although they will turn to Everton’s Sandro Ramirez if they fail to land the Chelsea forward (AS)
Real Madrid are exploring the possibility of signing Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar ahead of next season (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Crystal Palace have had a €10m offer for FC Midtjylland forward Alexander Sorloth rejected (Ekstra Bladet)
AC Milan have accepted a bid from Palmeiras for Gustavo Gomez – but the defender will reject the move as he only wants to join Boca Juniors (TYC Sports)
Juventus have not given up on Emre Can and remain in pole position to sign the Liverpool midfielder (Tuttosport)
Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro has rejected the chance to join Marseille (AS)
Vincent Janssen could be sent back to Tottenham with Turkish Super League giants Fenerbahce considering cutting short his loan spell (Fanatik)
Juventus have confirmed Juan Cuadrado will be out for “about 30 days” after undergoing groin surgery in Germany
Swansea midfielder Roque Mesa has passed a medical at Sevilla ahead of his loan move to the club (Marca)
PLANET SPORT QUIZ! Test your knowledge on Roger Federer’s stellar career (Tennis365)