Manchester United have a shortlist of four players to help catapult them into a new era, while there has been a shock update on Gareth Bale in Friday’s European papers.
MAN UTD DREAMING OF STUNNING REUNION
Manchester United may have the chance to secure a sensational Old Trafford return for Cristiano Ronaldo, if the latest reports are to be believed.
Juventus signed Cristiano in the summer from Real Madrid in a mega deal totalling 112million euros (£99.2million). He agreed a four-year contract with the Serie A champions having revealed he wanted to open a new chapter in his life.
However, Spanish outlet Diario Gol on Friday links the Portugal international with a stunning move back to Manchester, amid doubts over his future at Juventus beyond the summer.
They say that the 34-year-old is not entirely happy with how life at Juventus has panned out so far since his arrival from the Spanish capital.
Juventus are set to crash out of the Champions League at the last-16 unless they can overturn a two-goal deficit from their first leg against Atletico Madrid.
Diario Gol state that it is “no secret that Old Trafford have in mind to carry out a revolution to start a new exciting project”, of which Neymar, Kylian Mbappa and Harry Kane are all possible targets.
The report suggests that Cristiano could also be a possible option to upgrade on Alexis Sanchez, and that £87million could secure his arrival this summer.
It even claims that Sir Alex Ferguson has given his blessing to the possibility of a return to the Theatre of Dreams for the former Sporting CP star.
AND THE REST
Real Madrid are in the process of piecing together their plans to lure Eden Hazard away from Chelsea. (AS)
Barcelona are interested in Manchester United and England forward Marcus Rashford. (Mundo Deportivo)
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has no interest in returning to the Premier League and the Wales international wants to see out his contract at the Bernabeu, which expires in 2022. (AS)
Ajax director of football Marc Overmars hopes to land Manchester United’s Timothy Fosu-Mensah when Matthijs de Ligt leaves the club. (De Telegraaf)
Barcelona have reportedly cooled their interest in Lyon ace Ferland Mendy, as the French outfit are believed to be demanding between €45m-€50m for their defender. (Mundo Deportivo)
Real Madrid have reportedly narrowed down their list of replacements for Marcelo to three names as they plan for his exit this summer: David Alaba, Marcos Alonso and Alex Sandro. (Calciomercato)
Luka Modric will renew his deal with Real Madrid. (Marca)
Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar has been linked with Manchester United but says he is close to signing a new contract with Italian club Inter Milan. (CalcioMercato)
Maurizio Sarri has denied holding discussions with Roma officials about swapping Stamford Bridge for Stadio Olimpico.
Barcelona are seriously considering a move for Atletico Madrid full-back Filipe Luis. (Mundo Deportivo)
Barcelona are tracking Lille and Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe who has been a target for Arsenal. (Sport)
Manchester United’s FA Cup quarter-final against Wolves has complicated plans to hold the Old Trafford derby against Manchester City in the first week of April. (ESPN)
Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes is the subject of interest from AC Milan, having been linked with Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea. (Calciomercato)
Mallorca’s Spanish defender Antonio Raillo says he turned down “a really good opportunity” to sign for Nottingham Forest in the January transfer window. (AS)