Euro Paper Talk: Tottenham star’s agent jets across Europe for transfer talks

Date published: Friday 10th January 2020 12:28

The agent of a Tottenham first-team star has travelled to Milan to hold talks with Inter officials, while Chelsea are battling to meet their valuation of a wantaway man – all in the latest European transfer news.

 

ERIKSEN’S AGENT FLES INTO MILAN

The agent of Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen has flown into Milan for discussions with Inter officials over a potential deal between the two clubs, according to reports.

Eriksen, whose Spurs contract runs out in the summer, has made no indication that he intends to stay in North London.

In fact, the Danish international admitted last summer that he was interested in finding a new challenge following the club’s Champions League final defeat.

Eriksen has already been heavily linked with Antonio Conte’s Inter; one claim suggested that Spurs boss Jose Mourinho was prepared to let the midfielder go for at least £20m.

Since then, Inter CEO Beppe Marotta has denied having any contact with either Eriksen, his representatives or Tottenham.

However, the latest report from Calciomercato says that Eriksen’s agent was due to travel to Milan to hold initial talks with the Serie A side.

The source claims that Inter want a free transfer for the player at the end of the season and that Eriksen himself is enthusiastic about the potential of moving across Europe.

However, Spurs are said to be holding out for at least £20m with talks set to get underway in the next couple of days.

 

AND THE REST

 

Following Inter also being linked with Chelsea hitman Olivier Giroud, the Blues are demanding a compensation fee for the player of around €11m, but Inter are said to have offered only €4m (Calciomercato)

Watford star Gerard Deulofeu’s agent has ruled out the possibility of his client leaving Vicarage Road in January, with AC Milan linked in the past (MilanNews.it)

Chelsea may have to wait until later in January before pursuing a move for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele after talks between the two clubs ground to a halt (L’Equipe)

Juventus are monitoring Demeble and teammate Houssem Aouar ahead of a potential double swoop (Calciomercato)

Bournemouth and Southampton have registered initial interest in signing Le Havre striker Tino Kadewere (L’Equipe)

Inter want an immediate cash sum if they are to sell attacker Gabriel Barbosa after West Ham‘s latest offer was rejected (FCInterNews)

Vitesse Arnhem full-back Max Clark has said it is “nice to be linked” to the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham but that such speculation is just “rumours” (Omroep Gelderland)

An offer of €70m from Barcelona or Real Madrid would be enough for Napoli to sell Fabian Ruiz (Goal Italy)

Juventus are preparing to hold talks with Paulo Dybala about extending his contract in Turin (Goal Italy)

Wolves forward Patrick Cutrone is in Florence ahead of a medical with Fiorentina (Sky Sport Italia)

 

Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta has hinted that he could look to return to the Camp Nou in a coaching role in the future (Marca)

Midfielder Carles Alena has said he could “never say never” when asked about a potential future move to Real Madrid from Barcelona (Cadena Ser)

Valencia are hopeful that defender Ezequiel Garay will extend his contract with the club after positive talks this week (Marca)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM