Euro Paper Talk: Serie A side dangle carrot to Man Utd as Sancho alternative’s fee falls

Date published: Tuesday 2nd June 2020 12:20

The exit fee for a Manchester United wing target drops, while an Arsenal scouting mission for a Brazilian defender is revealed – all in the latest Euro Paper Talk.

 

CHIESA’S EXIT FEE DROPS

Fiorentina have agreed to offer a “small discount” on the exit fee for Manchester United attacking target Federico Chiesa, according to reports.

Reports earlier this year revealed how United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sent his top scout to watch the winger and, since then, the Red Devils have been heavily linked with a move.

Fiorentina CEO Joe Barone has revealed that there are several sides – some who “speak English” – that are interested in the Italy international, whose price reportedly stood at €70million.

However, according to Gazzetta dello Spor(via Sport Witness) the Serie A side are now willing to offer a discount on that price, potentially tempting United into doing business.

The source says that while other sides, such as Juventus, have been offering players as part of a swap deal, Fiorentina are only interested in a straight-up move involving a transfer fee.

Solskjaer is believed to have identified a wide attacking player as a priority when the transfer window re-opens, with Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho said to be his top target.

However, as well as Chiesa, Schalke’s Rabbi Matondo and Douglas Costa from Juventus have also been mentioned as alternatives.

 

AND THE REST

Arsenal sent scouts to watch Internacional’s Brazilian centre-back Bruno Fuchs earlier this season (Milan News)

Manchester City want to sign Legia Warsaw youngster Michal Karbownik and loan him out to Leeds United (Misja Futbol)

Napoli manager Gennaro Gattuso has given the green light for the club to sell Everton midfield target Allan (Tuttomercatoweb)

Gattuso is close to sealing an extension to his contract in the Napoli dugout (Corrierre dello Sport)

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri is working on a deal to sign Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik (Calciomercato)

Chelsea are “thinking about” an exchange deal with Juve that would see Jorginho move back to Italy and Federico Bernardeschi go the other way (Calciomercato)

Toffees director of football Marcel Brands has rejected the idea of signing Napoli’s Jose Callejon, whose contract expires this summer (AreaNapoli)

Hakim Ziyech’s former Ajax teammate Anwar El Ghazi has backed the midfielder to do well at Chelsea (Bureau Sport)

 

Lyon are keen on signing Crystal Palace defender Mamadou Sakho and the interest appears to be mutual (Le Parisien)

Estudiantes manager Leandro Desabato says that Marcos Rojo is likely to return to Manchester United when his loan deal expires (Radio Late 931)

Barcelona have denied claims from Brescia president Massimo Cellino that the club have made a players-plus-cash offer for Sandro Tonali (Mundo Deportivo)

Barca have finally agreed personal terms with Lautaro Martinez on a deal to sign the Inter Milan striker on a five-year contract (Sport)

Zinedine Zidane is trying to convince Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic to move to Real Madrid over Paris Saint-Germain (Le10 Sport)

Former Inter Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi has insisted that the club’s favourable fixture list means they cannot be ruled out of a push for the Serie A title (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Jordi Alba believes Barcelona have returned from football’s extended break in better shape than they entered it (TVE)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM