Manchester United are ready to swoop after a LaLiga midfield target admitted he wants out of his current club, while Friday’s Euro Paper Talk also claims that Barcelona are confident of sealing the return of Pep Guardiola.
ATLETICO STAR OFFERS MAN UTD HOPE
Manchester United have reportedly ‘knocked on the door’ of Saul Niguez, as they target a move for the dynamic Atletico Madrid midfielder.
Saul recently claimed LaLiga title success with Atletico but now wants a fresh challenge after a decade with the club.
His decision to take ‘another direction in his career’ has attracted the likes of United and Italian giants Juventus. The Red Devils have been chasing the 26-year-old for some time and this may be their best time to swoop.
Saul’s starting time in Spain has dropped this season, with the midfield ace starting just 22 LaLiga matches.
That has led to the player growing frustrated with his role and eyeing an exit, as reported by Marca.
Saul came to the fore when Atletico reached the Champions League final back in 2016 and he was close to leaving in 2019.
Back at time, the box-to-box midfielder had a release clause of £129m and no substantial offers came in for him. That exit clause is now believed to have dropped to a bargain £43m.
Saul flattered by United interest
However, he has previously commented on speculation that the Red Devils are chasing his signature.
Speaking ahead of the start of this season, he said: “I am very flattered that a club like Manchester United, or other teams that ask about me, take me into consideration. For me it is very positive.
“And important people from those clubs [such as Rio Ferdinand] speaking well of me means that I am doing things well at Atletico Madrid.”
United are tipped to add another centre-back, a central midfielder and a right-back to their squad this summer.
Winger targets include Jadon Sancho, while a stunning return for Cristiano Ronaldo has also been mooted.
BARCA CONFIDENT OF PEP RETURN
Barcelona president Joan Laporta is confident he can persuade Man City boss Pep Guardiola to return to the club. (AS)
Cristiano Ronaldo has told his team-mates at Juventus that he wants to leave during the summer transfer window. (Marca)
Talks between Barcelona and Lionel Messi over a new contract are progressing satisfactorily. (ESPN Football)
Barcelona would have to pay Ronald Koeman €12million (£10m) if they decide to sack the Dutch manager. (RAC1)
Dani Ceballos has ruled out another loan deal – after spending the last two years on loan at Arsenal. He wants time to earn a place in the Real Madrid team. (Canal Sur radio)
AND MORE FROM EURO PAPER TALK
Chelsea have held talks with Romelu Lukaku’s agent regarding a possible return to Stamford Bridge. (Het Laatste Nieuws)
Talks between Chelsea and AC Milan regarding Fikayo Tomori remain at a standstill. (Sky Italia)
Juventus have announced that Andrea Pirlo has been sacked as manager, with Massimiliano Allegri set to return.
Lucas Vazquez has said he’s “calm” and expects news “soon” on his Real Madrid future. The wing-back’s contract is due to expire next month. (Movistar Universo Valdano)
Giorgio Chiellini will extend his contract with Juventus until June 2022, with Massimiliano Allegri wanting him to stay. (Fabrizio Romano)
Right-back Emerson will complete his long-mooted move from Real Betis to Barcelona this summer. (Mundo Deportivo)
PSG have approached AC Milan with an offer for left-back Theo Hernandez. (Footmercato)
Inter Milan are close to renewing the contract of centre-back Alessandro Bastoni. (Fichajes)
Rennes are keen on a move for Lens defender Loic Bade. (Le10Sport)