European giants prowling with Everton ‘keen’ on mega money sale

Carlo Ancelotti Everton TEAMtalk

Everton are reportedly willing to sanction the sale of a star that could net the club a significant windfall.

Everton have taken a step forward under the guiding hand of Carlo Ancelotti this season. The club are within striking distance of a place in the top four despite their wretched home form.

A key factor behind their resurgence has been the rapid development of Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The England striker has assumed the mantle of Everton’s undisputed number one centre-forward.

His meteoric rise was predicted by the club who allowed Italian youngster Moise Kean to depart on loan.

The 21-year-old arrived to great expectations from Juventus in 2019. However, a series of underwhelming displays produced a measly two league goals in 31 appearances.

A loan deal to PSG materialised where Kean has since operated at a goal every other game.

With his talents once again highly thought of and Calvert-Lewin’s position secure, Everton are reportedly willing to listen to offers.

Carlo Ancelotti says he is looking forward to seeing his friend Jose Mourinho

Carlo Ancelotti says he is looking forward to seeing his friend Jose Mourinho

Carlo Ancelotti says he is looking forward to seeing his friend Jose Mourinho on Friday, but wants Everton to beat the Portuguese's Tottenham and move above them in the race for the top four.

 

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano described Everton on Twitter as ‘keen’ to sell the striker on a permanent deal this summer.

A figure of at least €50m is touted as being required to get negotiations underway.

That figure could skyrocket if a bidding war between Europe’s elite ensues.

Former club Juventus have been linked with bringing him back to Turin, though current side PSG remain in pole position.

This situation is confirmed by Romano, who declared that Juventus and other ‘Italian clubs would join the race only if PSG won’t find an agreement.’

 

Everton star tops Turkish powerhouse’s wishlist

Richarlison, Yerry Mina, Gylfi Sigurdsson

Meanwhile, Yerry Mina has emerged as a top target for Fenerbahce as his Everton future remains shrouded in mystery, a report claims.

Mina joined Everton from Barcelona in 2018. Appearances in his first season were limited but he has found more continuity over the past couple of years. Even so, his long-term future may lie away from Goodison Park.

Reports earlier this month suggested that Everton were already preparing for Mina’s exit. It was claimed that they would ask for £21.4m to sell him.

According to Turkiye Gazetesi, one of his potential suitors has now become clear.

The Turkish source claims that Fenerbahce are very keen on Mina. In fact, they have installed him as their preferred target as they look to reinforce their defence.

READ MORE: Paper Talk: Juventus to offer Man Utd attacker in Pogba swap deal