Everton forward joins City star at top of Italian giants’ attacking wish list

Date published: Sunday 11th July 2021 3:41 - Dan Burnham

Moise Kean; Richarlison TEAMtalk

An Everton attacker has joined a Manchester City forward at the top of Juventus’ list of targets to bolster their frontline this summer.

The Old Lady are currently waiting to see what the future holds for Cristiano Ronaldo. He has one year remaining on his contract in Turin but there have been persistent rumours that he will leave this summer. Naturally, Manchester United have been at the centre of this ongoing discussion.

There were suggestions earlier this year that the two clubs could strike a deal that would see both secure returns for former players. That is, Paul Pogba returning to Italy and Ronaldo going the other way.

The future of the joint-top international goalscorer of all time is still not clear, though. Regardless, his current club are looking to strengthen their attack in the transfer market.

That’s according to Tuttosport, who have reported the Italian side are looking to bring in one, possibly two forwards.

Top of their wish list has for a long time been Gabriel Jesus. The Brazilian has been admired from afar for years by those in charge at Juventus.

Pep Guardiola has reportedly green lighted the move, but only if City make a signing first. 

As such, Juventus are looking at alternatives. This latest report states that their second choice is now Everton’s Moise Kean.

Kean came through at the Italian side before moving to Merseyside in 2019. The 21-year-old has struggled at the Toffees and was last season sent out on-loan to Paris Saint-Germain.

Due to UEFA’s Champions League rules, Kean would not count towards Juventus’ 25-man squad limit in the competition. This is said to be attracting them to him.

However, they are not the only ones who are looking at Kean. PSG are said to be hoping to make a permanent move for the Italian following his spell there.

Kean joined by Arsenal target

Other names mentioned as appearing further down the list are Mauro Icardi, Dusan Vlahovic and Andrea Belotti.

Torino striker Belotti is another man in demand. That’s because the 27-year-old has reportedly been allowed to leave the club as he has just one-year remaining on his contract.

Newcastle have expressed an interest, but it is Arsenal who look best positioned to get a deal done.

A recent report from Calciomercato (via Sport Witness) said he has ‘many suitors abroad’, but it is ‘Arsenal above all’.

However, one of the Gunners’ old enemies could be set to get in their way…

READ MOREArsenal set for Jose Mourinho showdown as price is set for striker

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM