Everton hit by injury to another key man ahead of Prem resumption

Date published: Tuesday 2nd June 2020 6:04

Lucas.Digne_.Yerry_.Mina_.Everton.TEAMtalk

Everton have suffered another injury blow before the Premier League resumes after announcing Yerry Mina is set to be sidelined for a number of weeks because of a partial tear in his left thigh.

Only a few days after Jean-Philippe Gbamin sustained a serious Achilles injury, the Toffees confirmed Mina’s muscle issue occurred in training last week.

A club statement said: “Everton Football Club can confirm Yerry Mina is set to be sidelined for several weeks after sustaining a muscle injury.

“A scan confirmed the Colombia international suffered a partial tear in his left quad muscle during training last week.

“The 25-year-old is now in the early stages of his rehabilitation under the care of the club’s medical staff and making good progress.”

Meanwhile, Police have set out the Premier League matches they would like to be played at neutral venues, which would include any Liverpool game where the title could be won.

The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool.

The police statement adds that “the game in which Liverpool could secure the league title” should also be moved, but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the Reds did not clinch it at the first attempt.

Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts of South Yorkshire Police, the UK’s football policing lead, said in a statement issued to the PA news agency: “Our discussions with the Premier League throughout this process have been positive, with a shared focus on the priority of public health.” Read more…

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM