Everton scout drops big hint over move for Serie A attacker

Date published: Monday 2nd March 2020 3:07

Everton scout Carlo Jacomuzzi has dropped a big hint over the club’s interest in Napoli winger Hirving Lozano.

Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti has been strongly linked with a move for the Mexico international, having previously coached the player in Naples before heading to Goodison Park.

However, Jacomuzzi’s comments on the Napoli winger’s situation are somewhat at odds with remarks he made last week, when he suggested that Lozano may not be a success in the Premier League.

Lozano joined Napoli in a £36million deal from Dutch outfit PSV Eindhoven last summer, making him the Serie A club’s record signing.

However, he has struggled in Italy so far and has already been linked with the exit door.

Everton’s director of football, Marcel Brands signed Lozano for PSV and Ancelotti is said to have informed the Toffees transfer supremo that he wants the attacker on Merseyside.

Commenting on those links, Jacomuzzi told Area Napoli: “At Everton there is a general manager [Brands] who bought Lozano and brought him to PSV, they know very well what to do.”

The 24-year-old was outstanding in Holland, scoring 34 goals in 60 appearances for PSV but has only notched three times in 23 games for Napoli in all competitions.

 

 

And speaking a few days ago on Radio Marte in Italy, Jacomuzzi suggested Lozano had only flourished in the Eredivisie, and Mexico before it, because they were less competitive than Serie A.

He said: “In South America, he is a good player, because he could run past the man.

“But in Europe, he did well at PSV because he plays two games a year between PSV and Ajax because the other opponents don’t exist.”

However, the feeling appears to be the Ancelotti is confident of getting the best out of the player, if he does come to the Premier League.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM