Everton set asking price for defender as €50million replacement lined-up

Date published: Tuesday 6th April 2021 6:58 - Robert McCarthy

Everton have reportedly set an asking of up to £21.4million for Yerry Mina, as Carlo Ancelotti lines up a world class centre-back replacement.

Mina’s Goodison Park future has become a talking point in recent days, with The Sun claiming over the weekend that the player wants a move to Italy this summer. The defender that the Toffees want to replace him is experienced Napoli man Kalidou Koulibaly.

Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb claims that Ancelotti wants to bring in the 29-year-old, who he coached in Naples. But in order to seal a deal, Everton would need to offload a defender first, and Mina fits the bill.

Koulibaly is expected to cost up to £42.75million, while Eveton could fetch a fee between £17.1m and £21.4m for Mina.

While a potential exit for Mina is not expected to go down well with Toffees fans, the fact that Koulibaly could replace him would be considered an upgrade on Merseyside.

The Senegal star has been chased by the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool in the past. He is also approaching the peak of his powers and his game is made for the Premier League.

Everton are unlikely to have a free run at Koulibaly, however, with several of Europe’s top clubs still interested.

But they do have the advantage of having his former boss Napoli boss Ancelotti at the heart of the negotiations.


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


Everton told terms for striker target

Meanwnhile, Everton have reportedly been told they must offer a cash-only deal of no less than €15million (£12.7million) if they are to sign Besiktas striker Cyle Larin.

Larin, 25, has drawn interest from the Toffees after scoring 14 goals in 28 Super Lig appearances so far this season. Four of that tally came in one game back in January. With a contract until 2022, he could be an attractive option for some clubs in the transfer market. Everton are among his admirers.

The Merseyside club were lining up a player-plus-cash offer that included Cenk Tosun returning to his former club on a permanent basis. Tosun has been on loan in Istanbul since the start of the year.

However, according to Fotomac, the Turkish club do not favour this proposal. Instead, they want their desired fee to be met.

Larin is the third top goalscorer in Turkey’s top flight. His goals have helped Besiktas to sit top of the league with 11 games of the season remaining.

He has a further four goals in all competitions. That means he is averaging better than a goal every other game so far this campaign.

READ MORE: Ancelotti still dreaming of Europe despite Everton suffering big setback

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM