Everton lodge offer for midfielder Man Utd, Man City are fighting over

Date published: Tuesday 9th March 2021 2:03 - Matthew Briggs

Rabiot Dybala TEAMtalk

Everton have made an offer to Serie A side Juventus for midfielder Adrien Rabiot, according to a report in Italy.

Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti remains a big fan of the France international after handing him his debut at Paris Saint-Germain.

The midfielder was a target for Everton last summer. The Toffees were one of the clubs linked with a move for the 25-year-old.

Manchester United were also thought to be in the frame but he remained in Turin.

France Football claim the Italian tactician has instructed the Goodison Park money men to ready a bid again this summer.

And now Calciomercato via Sport Witness report that Everton have made a bid for the player, whose future in Italy is unclear.

“An offer” has arrived from Goodison Park “in the last few months”.

The outlet explain Rabiot has been improving on the pitch under Andrea Pirlo this season. But they claim Rabiot has not managed to “sweep away” all the doubts about his €7m per season wages.

 

 

Man Utd are also interested in Rabiot, with the source suggesting Juventus have offered the midfielder to United as part of a deal to bring Paul Pogba back to Turin.


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


Man City told ‘no’ over Rabiot

Pogba will enter the final year of his Old Trafford contract this summer. And although talk about his future has died down, his agent Mino Raiola has previously hinted that his time may be up in Manchester.

Last week Tuttosport featured an interview with Italian agent and intermediary Vincenzo Morabito and he claimed Man City had there eyes on the player.

Asked about the future of Rabiot, who signed for Juve on a free transfer from PSG in July 2019, Morabito said: “He is a transfer target of Manchester City, but he is not going to leave Juventus.”

It appears that City have already asked about the midfielder, who is under contract until 2023. However, they been rebuffed by the Old Lady.

“Paratici has already said no to his friend Begiristain,” said Morabito (as cited by Football Italia).

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM