Everton look to LaLiga ally to get imposing transfer over the line

Date published: Wednesday 21st April 2021 12:44 - Matthew Briggs

Philippe Coutinho Cadiz v Barcelona

Everton are hoping their superb relationship with Barcelona will allow them to get their hands on Philippe Coutinho this summer, according to a report.

It’s exciting news for Everton fans, but it’s worth noting the source TodoFichajes are not known for their reliability. The Spanish site suggest Barcelona are looking to move Coutinho on this summer. It’s a stance that Sport, via the Daily Express revealed previously. That Liverpool favourite Coutinho has been deemed surplus to requirements.

Coutinho is stuck on 90 club appearances for the Blaugrana, but there seems very little of prospect of hitting the century. If he does Marca report Barca will be liable to pay Liverpool €20m in add-ons, as part of the original deal that took the midfielder to Catalonia in January 2018.

He is also currently sidelined with a knee injury he picked up on 29 December against Eibar. And he returned to Brazil last month to undergo treatment on the problem.

From Everton’s point of view, they apparently want a replacement for James Rodriguez. TodoFichajes report that the Colombian wants out of England, leaving Carlo Ancelotti looking for a replacement.

The Everton boss has sanctioned a move for Coutinho and now the Toffees are trying to use their exemplary relationship with Barca to broker a deal for Coutinho.

Sport have claimed the 28-year-old is said to be on the market for ‘as little as £35m’. Everton are hoping to land a loan deal with an option to buy or a transfer with payment in instalments over two or three years.

Coutinho is said to be keen to return to England and Merseyside would be familiar surroundings for him.

Therefore it seems all parties are happy with a deal to go ahead. Although the source note “it is not yet closed”.

However, after Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Lucas Digne all moved from Barca to Everton in recent years, Goodison officials will be confident of getting another deal over the line.


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Fener chase Mina

Meanwhile, Mina has emerged as a top target for Fenerbahce, a report claims.

Mina joined Everton from Barcelona in 2018. Appearances in his first season were limited but he has found more continuity over the past couple of years. Even so, his long-term future may lie away from Goodison Park.

Reports earlier this month suggested that Everton were already preparing for Mina’s exit. It was claimed that they would ask for £21.4m to sell him.

According to Turkiye Gazetesi, one of his potential suitors has now become clear.

READ MORE: Brother of Everton star claims exit almost certain; picks out next club

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM