Fee revealed as Everton continue talks to land Bayern attacker

Date published: Monday 18th January 2021 7:29

Carlo Ancelotti Everton

Reports in Germany claim talks are ongoing about Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee’s loan move to Everton but a purchase fee has been agreed.

Reports emerged last week that the Toffees were hoping to swoop for the 19-year-old Dutchman. Manager Carlo Ancelotti is looking for a loan deal to bolster his attacking options.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s injury has highlighted the need for more forward power. Capped five times by England, Calvert-Lewis has been in superb form this season.

The Sheffield-born ace scored 14 goals from 19 appearances in all competitions before injury struck. He will be tough to replace but the Italian tactician feels he has seen something in Zirkzee.

The Netherlands Under-21 star is now out of the Bayern first-team picture and looks set to leave. According to Sky Sports Germany, Everton are still in talks with the Bavarian giants about a loan move.

The deal would include an obligation to buy at the end of the season for €10 million, according to Football Oranje. The youngster has enjoyed 16 first-team outings over two seasons and scored four goals after starting in the reserves.

Everton are not the only club said to be keen, with Cologne and Heracles Almelo also linked.

It is not the first time the Merseysiders’ name has been mentioned in connection with the player.

He said last year about his decision to join Bayern: “Everton was a serious option for me. Ronald Koeman was coach, Romelu Lukaku left for Manchester United that summer and I got the feeling from Everton that there was a good chance I could really become something there. They even offered me a contract whilst I was on trial.”

Flop flying in Paris

Moise Kean may have failed to shine at Goodison Park but is flourishing on loan with Paris Saint-Germain. A return of nine goals in 14 league games suggests the 20-year-old may still have an Everton future.

Those numbers while at the Toffees would have meant there was no need to sign Zirkzee. But he scored just four times from 37 appearances in all competitions since joining in 2019.

It is unclear whether PSG will look for a permanent deal this summer. And Ancelotti will not stand in his way, whatever is decided.

“If the player wants to come back we will be happy to have him, if the player wants to stay with Paris Saint-Germain, we have to talk with Paris Saint-Germain,” he said.

 

READ MORE: Roma boss makes contact with Everton ace

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM