Rio Ferdinand labels Man Utd front six as ‘mouthwatering’ if one star signs

Date published: Thursday 30th April 2020 10:29

Paul Pogba; Marcus Rashford TEAMtalk

Rio Ferdinand says Manchester United’s front six next season will be “mouthwatering” if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can sign keep Paul Pogba and sign Jadon Sancho.

The Red Devils have seen a massive upturn in form since the arrival of Bruno Fernandes in January, with Solskjaer coming across a winning formula that he hopes to build on with the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.

And former Red Devils star Ferdinand is excited for what the future has in store for United, and believes that if United can make a big-money signing and retain the players already at the club – particularly Pogba – then they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

“If I was looking at the team now and you have [Scott] McTominay with Bruno [Fernandes] on one side of the three and Pogba on the other [blows out cheeks],” said Ferdinand on FIVE’s YouTube channel, via the Daily Mirror.

“[Marcus] Rashford up front, [Anthony] Martial on the left, [Daniel] James or if they’re to buy Sancho on the right.

“You can’t tell me other midfielders aren’t going to be thinking: ‘If these lot are on fire today we’re going to have to be on a game, it’s going to be a hard day work for us’.

“There’s ability there, it’s ridiculous. If they can find that cohesion, the team set-up for them to flourish, it’s mouthwatering what could happen.”

 

Neville warns Man Utd Sancho is ‘nowhere near’ ex-Red Devils flop

Gary Neville has delivered a sobering declaration about highly publicised Man Utd target Jadon Sancho, stating that he is ‘nowhere near’ a flop who lasted just one year at Old Trafford.

At just 20 years of age, Sancho has become one of European football’s hottest properties since his departure to the Bundesliga nearly three years ago.

 

The England international has stepped it up a gear this term, having scored 17 goals and assisted 19 others in 35 appearances and now reportedly tops United’s list of targets for the summer transfer window.

Hopes of a switch were bolstered after current club Borussia Dortmund previously admitted that they would not stand in Sancho’s way if he has his heart set on departing the Bundesliga.

News that the player’s price tag had been slashed from £120m to around the £100m mark further heightened speculation of a switch to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.

However, former Man Utd full-back Gary Neville has urged the club and football fans everywhere to not get carried away with the excitement surrounding the forward. Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM