Frank Lampard says £70m attacker is not on Chelsea’s radar

Date published: Wednesday 1st January 2020 3:54

Frank Lampard TEAMtalk

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard shut down talk surrounding Wilfried Zaha at his press conference on New Year’s Day.

Speaking after Alireza Jahanbakhsh’s stunning overhead kick stole Brighton a 1-1 Premier League draw with Chelsea at the Amex Stadium, Lampard was quick to reject talk about the Crystal Palace striker.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Lampard has Borussia Dortmund’s teenage winger Jadon Sancho and Palace’s Zaha on his January shopping list.

It has led to Palace boss Roy Hodgson declaring the exciting forward, valued at around £70m, is not for sale, and Lampard has now said he is not looking at the former Man Utd man.

“I wouldn’t talk about Zaha. It’s not something I’ve considered,” said Lampard on the south coast.

“I won’t talk about him because he’s not in our plans. If we have to do business, we will do it behind closed doors aside to announcing who I want to bring in.”

 

 

Zaha, 27, whose contract runs until 2023, failed to force a move away from Selhurst Park during the summer after handing in a transfer request.

Earlier this week, Hodgson said: “Wilf is not for sale, so basically I don’t need assurances. We aren’t trying to sell Wilfried Zaha, we want to keep Wilfried Zaha.

“What assurance can people give? I have the assurance there is no one in the club that wants to sell Wilfried Zaha.

“But of course you never know where bids are going to come from and I suppose every time there is a serious bid for one of your players the board of directors needs to take it seriously.

“It’s certainly not something we’re looking for.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM