Eintracht Frankfurt forward Sebastian Haller is not interested in the idea of joining West Ham, according to a report.
The 25-year-old enjoyed a prolific season with the Europa League semi-finalists in 2018/19, scoring 20 times and providing 12 assists.
He provided an excellent foil to Luka Jovic, who sealed a €70m switch to Real Madrid earlier this summer, and now Haller himself has become the subject of interest from a number of clubs.
The French striker has reportedly been watched by scouts at both Manchester United and West Ham towards the latter half of Frankfurt’s run in Europe, amid reports linking him with a £40m switch to England.
La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira claimed on Wednesday evening that the Hammers have in fact closed a €40m deal for the Frenchman.
However, Bild have responded by discrediting those claimed.
“First of all, an observer finds the connection between an Italian journalist and a French player who is supposed to be moving from Germany to England strange,” Bild states.
“However, now reports the ‘image’ that there has actually been an offer of this magnitude of West Ham.
“But Haller apparently wants to reject this offer, which means that in this case Nicolo Schira allegedly leaned too far out of the window. Haller would only worry about a change when a club asks, who plays in the Champions League.”
— Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) July 10, 2019
Haller, who has two years remaining on his Frankfurt deal, recently gave little away when questioned about those links and his immediate future in the Bundesliga.
“I’ve heard many things about my future, but nothing new happened. I’m here and happy,” Haller told Kicker.
“That cannot mean anything and everything and I have said before that life is about opportunities.”