Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has revealed that Giovani Lo Celso is a doubt for Friday’s game with Manchester United.
The Argentina international picked up an injury just before the season’s suspension and was unable to receive daily treatment because of the lockdown.
But Mourinho did say that Harry Kane, Moussa Sissoko and Son Heung-min, who all had surgery earlier this year, will start against United.
Mourinho also said that the club are hopeful to extend Jan Vertonghen’s contract beyond June 30, but nothing has been agreed yet.
On Lo Celso, Mourinho said: “Because of the rules, his injury is not in need of surgery but needed daily treatment. Close contact with physios and fitness coaches working with him, but that was not possible.
“So two months he was injured but he couldn’t recover from it. When the training ground opened, and he started treatment, it was not enough to have him 100 per cent.
“The last few days training, available tomorrow I think so. Tomorrow we’re going to test if he is able to play.”
Meanwhile, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will block the potential sales of Harry Kane, Son Heung-min and Dele Alli this summer. Even if Spurs face financial concerns, according to a report.
Spurs’ short-term future is uncertain due to the club’s poor season and the looming financial pinch of football’s recent shutdown.
Jose Mourinho‘s side are seven points off the Champions League places and the monies associated with qualification for the competition.
What’s more, Spurs took out a £175million Bank of England loan to help them through the crisis.
Striker Kane has already admitted that he could move on if Spurs’ ambition for silverware does not match his own.
However, the Daily Telegraph claims that Levy will do all he can to keep hold of the England skipper in the coming months.
The chairman will not accept bids for the forward, even if the club’s potential financial concerns become a reality.
Likewise, Levy will also turn down bids for Kane’s fellow attacker Son and England midfielder Dele Alli. Read more…