DI MARIA TO QUIT UNITED?
Angel Di Maria is once again linked with a move away from Manchester United only a year since becoming the club’s record signing.
According to Sport, The Argentina international has reportedly been offered to Barcelona by the winger’s agent.
Di Maria is said to be unsettled in the north west, with United coach Louis van Gaal also believed to have given the green light to the former Real Madrid star’s exit from the club.
Another report, this time from German publication SportBild, suggests a deal is being discussed between United and Bayern Munich that would see Di Maria move to the Bundesliga champions, with Van Gaal extremely keen to bring Bastian Schweinsteiger and Thomas Muller to Old Trafford.
It would seem United’s interest in another German, Ilkay Gundogan, is over, according to the Daily Star.
MIKEL HEADING EAST
John Obi Mikel is ready to join Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.
The Blues midfielder is frustrated at not being a first-choice midfielder under Jose Mourinho and is ready to leave Europe, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Mikel has been relegated to the role of back-up following Nemanja Matic’s return to Chelsea, but the midfielder is only 28. Just a few weeks ago he was being linked with Real Madrid, though he would no doubt be richly compensated in the UAE.
TOON JOIN KONOPLYANKA RACE
Newcastle are ready to enter the race for Yevhen Konoplyanka.
The Ukraine winger seemed set for Stoke but Mark Hughes is known to have become frustrated by the deal for the free agent dragging on. According to The Mirror, Newcastle are ready to capitalise and hope to bring former the Liverpool and Manchester United target to the North East.
Konoplyanka is thought to be demanding £100,000 a week to move to the Premier League and is due in England next week to talk to interested parties..
AND THE REST
– Manchester United bosses have told Real Madrid that they will not be able to sign goalkeeper David de Gea unless Sergio Ramos is included in the deal – and Old Trafford chief executive Ed Woodward is demanding a straight swap (Daily Star)
– Phil Jones is set to sign a new Manchester United contract worth £80k-a-week (The Guardian)
– Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is poised to sign the 12-month contract extension that could cost Manchester United an extra £10million (The Sun)
– Tottenham are set to make Hugo Lloris captain with Harry Kane his number two to keep them from the clutches of Manchester United (Daily Mirror)
– Tottenham midfielder Paulinho has emerged as a surprise target for Watford (Daily Mail)
– Liverpool want Real Madrid winger Denis Cheryshev to replace Raheem Sterling (The Sun)
– Manchester City will open contract talks with Jason Denayer and have promised him a place in their first-team squad next season. French club Lyon are interested in the young defender (The Sun)
– Inter Milan are poised to pounce if Chelsea winger Mo Salah rejects the idea of another year at Fiorentina (Daily Mail)
– Stoke want Victor Moses in any deal which would see Asmir Begovic replace Petr Cech at Chelsea (Daily Telegraph/Daily Star)
– Leicester want to hand Jeffrey Schlupp a new contract to fend off potential interest from Arsenal (Daily Star)
– West Ham are confident £14million target Dimitri Payet will snub a new deal at Marseille to join them instead (Daily Star)
– West Ham want to offer Alex Song a three-year deal – but are unwilling to pay Barcelona’s £5million asking price (Daily Mirror)
– West Ham have told forward Andy Carroll he will be staying at the club, despite interest from Newcastle (The Sun)
– West Ham have agreed a £12million deal with Marseille for midfielder Dimitri Payet but have rejected a £5million offer from Sunderland for Stewart Downing (Daily Mail)
– Sunderland are in talks with Fenerbahce over a £7.5million move for forward Moussa Sow (The Sun)
– Sunderland have made an offer in excess of £11million for PSV midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum (The Guardian)
– Newcastle have had a £10.7million offer for Marseille midfielder Florian Thauvin rejected (Daily Mail)
– Newcastle are in pole position to land QPR striker Charlie Austin after tabling a £14million bid (Daily Express)