Hoffenheim manager Julian Nagelsmann has confirmed that star striker Sandro Wagner has his heart set on leaving the club.
According to the young Bundesliga boss, Wagner has set his sights on a return to hometown club Bayern Munich, and Hoffenheim will not stand in his way.
The 29-year-old been a revelation for the Rhein-Neckar club, and has earned a call up to the German national team since his arrival from Darmstadt.
Recent reports have suggested the Prem duo Swansea and West Ham are both eyeing a move for Wagner, who previously admitted to rejecting an England move.
He scored 11 goals last season as Hoffenheim finished fourth in the Bundesliga, but is now looking to return to the club where he played as a youngster.
“There is nothing to announce besides that there is interest,” Nagelsmann said Thursday at a press conference.
“Everyone knows that Sandro has kids near Munich, that Bayern is his youth club and that he isn’t the youngest anymore. I am not angry about him.”
Speaking to Goal.com, former Bayern striker Giovane Elber said Wagner would be a good option for the Bavarians.
“Bayern is a good club and Sandro Wagner knows the club. So I think it would not be a problem if he joins Bayern,” Elber said.
“If you have the possibility to play for Bayern Munich, you don’t think about it for a long time. As a player you know what a club Bayern are.
“Furthermore, Wagner is a German international, he would fit well for Bayern.”