Independent report dismissed, as talented Chelsea star not open to offers

Date published: Friday 24th July 2020 12:08

Hudson-Odoi Lampard TEAMtalk

Callum Hudson-Odoi is not looking to leave Chelsea this summer, contrary to a report in The Independent.

The paper claimed this week that would “consider offers to leave Chelsea in the upcoming transfer window”  despite having signed a five-year contract just 10 months ago.

The Independent claimed the winger has become “frustrated” after failing to force his way into Frank Lampard’s plans.

The 19-year-old has played just 69 minutes of football since the Premier League restart, including a 30-minutes outing this week at Anfield.

But Hudson-Odoi is apparently “mystified” by the talk and ESPN report the England hopeful is committed to winning a place in Lampard’s starting line-up.

BBC Sport also said this week said the youngster was “very happy” at Stamford Bridge despite his lack of action.

Lampard has been critical of the player this season and in December said: “He needs to understand what is needed and he is working on that constantly, I’ll back him and work with him on that.”

 

 

While this week he urged the attacker to deliver his potential.

“He needs to keep training at the highest level, which I have seen him do particularly in the last week or 10 days,” Lampard said.

“In the last two games, he’s come on and made good impacts and that’s the way he needs to continue as a young player with great talent and great potential.

“I want to see that potential come through.”

Hudson-Odoi signed a new five-year deal at Stamford Bridge after Lampard was appointed in September. His contract is worth more than £120,000 a week.

United interest

Jadon Sancho

In March, Manchester United were linked with a move for Hudson-Odoi if they miss out on Jadon Sancho this summer.

The Red Devils have made the Borussia Dortmund winger their priority attacking target, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to strengthen his forward line.

United remain in pole position to sign the 20-year-old, although the fee for the player remains a huge stumbling block.

If they do miss out, then the Manchester Evening News reported that they could turn to a former target in Hudson-Odoi.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM