Chelsea’s full squad have gone into self-isolation after Hudson-Odoi tested positive for the coronavirus, the club said in a statement.
Hudson-Odoi displayed cold symptoms on Monday morning and has stayed away from the club since then. His test result was returned on Thursday night.
The club said: “Chelsea personnel who had recent close contact with the player in the men’s team building will now self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines. These will include initially the full men’s team squad, coaching staff and a number of backroom staff.”
The club said despite testing positive, the 19-year-old was “doing well and looking forward to returning to the training ground as soon as it is possible”.
The Blues have also closed two buildings at their training facility.
In a video message on Hudson-Odoi’s official Twitter feed, he said: “Hi guys. As you may be aware, I had the virus for the last couple of days, which I’ve recovered from.
Thank you for all your good wishes, as I said in the video I’m feeling good and hope to see you all soon!!🙏🏾❤️ pic.twitter.com/hn5d0ikm60
— Callum Hudson-Odoi (@Calteck10) March 13, 2020
“I’m following the health guidelines and self-isolating myself from everybody for the week. I hope to see everybody soon, and hopefully be back on the pitch very soon. Take care.”