Big injury concern for Wolves star after pleasing FA Cup victory

Date published: Friday 8th January 2021 7:12

Nuno Espirito Santo TEAMtalk

There is concern surrounding the fitness of Wolves attacker Adama Traore after he picked up an injury in their 1-0 FA Cup win over Crystal Palace on Friday evening.

The match-winner came off after 69 minutes feeling his hamstring, clearly in a lot of discomfort.

His stunning 35th-minute strike was enough to see his side through to the fourth round of the competition. But it now seems as though the winger has paid a price for notching his first goal in 11 months.

Speaking very bluntly after the game, Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo remained coy on the knock, simply saying: “We’ll see.”

He was, though, pleased with the Spaniard’s terrific strike and added: “I always ask players to shoot more!”



If the injury is serious, then the attacker could be out for quite some time amid a congested period of the season.

It would mean two of the side’s big-hitters would be missing with goal-getter Raul Jimenez recovering from a fractured skull.

Nuno went on to explain why Leander Dendoncker was taken off before the full-time whistle. “As the game went by it was difficult to pick him out,” he said.

He also touched on the performance of Ruben Neves, who had a solid game in the middle of the park.

The 46-year-old said: “He had a very good game in terms of defensive actions, very, very well.”

Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…

Stern Wolves fend off tame Eagles

Jack Butland Adama Traore TEAMtalk

Wolves may have only won by a goal but the hosts dominated the game from the start.

Goalkeeper John Ruddy hardly had to lift a finger as Palace were penned into their own half.

Traore’s wonder strike was a culmination of constant pressure and attacking prowess through the 90 minutes.

Pedro Neto also put in a hearted performance while Fabio Silva will still be wondering how he didn’t get on the scoresheet.

Wilfred Zaha injected a bit of pace into the visitors when he came on with 20 minutes to go but it was ultimately in vain as the hosts secured their place in the next round of the FA Cup.

Read more…


Related Articles