Inter Milan chief makes stance clear on Alexis Sanchez future

Date published: Wednesday 6th November 2019 9:57 - Jonny Whitfield

Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed that he is interested in making Alexis Sanchez’s loan move from Manchester United permanent.

Sanchez left Old Trafford on a temporary basis last summer having seen his United career fizzle out under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and the Chilean followed in the footsteps of Romelu Lukaku, who also joined Inter earlier in August.

Sanchez’s tenure in Milan has got off to a slow start, however, with the 30-year-old scoring once in four games before suffering an injury which is expected to keep him out until early next year.

Despite that, Marotta likes what he has seen so far from the winger and told the Daily Express that a permanent move for Sanchez could be on the cards.

“Every competition has some unforeseen events, a big team is needed,” he said.

 

 

“However, the first purchase in January will be Alexis Sanchez, who will resume working with his teammates.

“He has proved to be a great player.”

Marotta has also spoken about the possibility of Lautaro Martinez being sold – the striker has previously been linked with Manchester United but the CEO all but ruled out a departure for the 22-year-0ld Argentine.

Read more: Press remain hacked off after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer no show

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM