€100m enforcer bid rejected as Man Utd prepare for Pogba exit

Date published: Wednesday 8th August 2018 12:19

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Lazio

Lazio have rejected a €100million a bid from Manchester United for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to a report.

Il Messaggero claim United have lodged an offer for the Lazio enforcer, but the bid has been turned down with Lazio president Claudio Lotito chasing €120million for the Serbia star.

The source report that Milinkovic-Savic is seen as the replacement for Paul Pogba, if Barcelona get a deal together for the France World Cup winner.

Lotito though does not want to rush into a sale because he is well aware that Real Madrid could come calling for Milinkovic-Savic after the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo and prospective sales of Mateo Kovacic and Luka Modric.

Overnight Corriere Della Sera claimed Lotito had said that he had not received any concrete bids for the 23-year-old.

“Sergej is the best young midfielder in the world, and he has a great margin for improvement. However, so far, no one have come forward; I haven’t received any offers from Milan or Juventus, let alone from Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“I certainly won’t push to sell him, but if you ask me how much he is worth, then I need to remind you that last year I turned down €110m. How much was Pogba sold for to Man Utd? €110m?

“Then Milinkovic is worth even more, because he’s much better. Now rest assured, I’m not interested in loan formulas or technical counterparts,” said Lotito.

Manchester United are believed to have rejected an approach from Barcelona to sign Pogba, that would have seen £45million plus two of the club’s players join Old Trafford.

Pogba, who has just returned to United training after winning the World Cup with France, is reportedly unhappy at the club and looking for a way to leave this summer. As such, his representative, Mino Raiola, is believed to be in England to speak to the club.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM