Jadon Sancho in hot water and dropped by Borussia Dortmund

Date published: Saturday 19th October 2019 3:10

Jadon Sancho has been dropped by Borussia Dortmund and fined ahead of their clash with top-of-the-table Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday, claim reports.

German football magazine Kicker report that the England starlet has been omitted from Lucien Favre’s squad who play Monchengladbach at 5.30pm on Saturday.

Sky Sports have also reported the news with Sancho being punished after reportedly returning back late from international duty with England.

The 19-year-old was as a substitute in England’s 6-0 thrashing of Bulgaria in Monday’s Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia, but apparently the winger did not return when he was expected by the Bundesliga side.

The report added that Favre had “little choice but to exercise his authority”.

“The expectations of Jadon are enormous, but that is dangerous,” said Favre in his news conference on Thursday.

 

 

 

“Jadon is a great player, no discussions, but he still has a lot to learn.”

A Premier League return has been mooted for the former Man City man, with Manchester United among the clubs interested in signing Sancho.

Last month the Manchester Evening News named burgeoning talents Jadon Sancho, James Maddison, Declan Rice and Ben Chilwell as the quartet earmarked to turn United’s fortunes around.

Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed United made an approach for the exciting forward in the summer and was asked how close Sancho was to joining United.

“Not close at all,” he told Viasport last month. “We didn’t talk to them. They were asking us for a meeting.

“Sancho is not for sale.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM