Jadon Sancho has apparently told his agent to get his dream move to Manchester United done and is confident it will be wrapped up before the Monday deadline.
On Tuesday, United submitted a bid for Sancho worth up to £91.3m, which was rejected by Borussia Dortmund. Sky Sports claim the offer was for an initial £73m, rising to £91.3m. However, that fell short of Dortmund’s £108m valuation, which they publicly sticking to.
Dortmund have insisted that Sancho will not be sold this summer after United missed the August 10 deadline imposed by the Bundesliga club.
Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said last month: “Jadon Sancho will play with us next season. The decision is final.”
The Scottish Sun report that Dortmund want a minimum of £80m up front, plus add-ons. But sources suggest Dortmund may be willing to accept £15m in added-on clauses, taking the deal to a revised £95m.
Whatever the price, the 20-year-old wants his top advisors to “pull out all the stops” to secure his move to Old Trafford.
The paper claims Dortmund are privately resigned to losing the player and cite a source, saying: “He wants this deal done.
“He’s told his agent and various advisors to do all they can to make it happen.
“They are pushing for him.”
Ed Woodward and the United board are frantically looking for a wide attacker and have a list of other targets should they not complete a move for Sancho.
Sancho was left out of the Dortmund squad for the German Super Cup clash with Bayern Munich on Wednesday. The Bundesliga club cited a “respiratory infection”, but the England international has tested negative for Covid-19.
Chiesa enquiry rebuffed
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph report that United had a loan enquiry turned down for Italy winger Federico Chiesa.
Fiorentina were not willing to consider a loan for the 22-year-old Chiesa, who is rated around the £45m mark. Juventus are said to be keen on the attacker, who will not be arriving at Old Trafford.
It’s understood that United are talking to Barcelona over a move for Ousmane Dembele,
A renewed offer for Sancho though has not been ruled out and the paper say the “deal is not dead”.