Two more to follow Jadon Sancho at Man Utd, claims BBC source

Date published: Wednesday 22nd July 2020 10:39 - Matthew Briggs

Jadon Sancho TEAMtalk

Manchester United are confident they can get a deal done for Jadon Sancho this summer, according to BBC Sport.

BBC journalist Simon Stone believes United are sure they can negotiate a deal for the England forward and that he will be one of three summer signings.

The reporter also believes central defence is a priority position for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, despite the Norwegian’s recent denial.

Solskjaer was recently caught on camera speaking to Bournemouth’s Nathan Ake after United’s 5-2 win at Old Trafford on Saturday.


GET 5% OFF PURCHASES FROM THE MAN UTD STORE HERE!


Reports claimed Solskjaer told the left-footed Dutchman that he needed a player of his ilk ahead of the upcoming transfer window.

But the United boss later dismissed talk of a new defender.

“I’ve got seven centre-backs, so I don’t know where that’s come from. We’re fine,” the manager said.

 

 

Jack Grealish has also been heavily linked with Old Trafford and the midfielder admitted he was unsure what the future held for him after helping Villa to a huge 1-0 win over Arsenal.

“I’m not too sure,” said Grealish, whose Villa side now have survival in their own hands.

United though are in bullish mood they can sign Sancho, despite their public admission last month they would not go beyond £50m for the 20-year-old.

Stone told Premier League Daily: “There is no doubt that Manchester United think they can get Jadon Sancho.

“One would imagine there will be two or three new players this summer, Sancho is the one the club really want though.”

Sancho to ‘wait and see’

Jadon Sancho

Sancho’s current £190,000-a-week contract runs to 2022, which Dortmund believe puts them in a position of strength.

And Dortmund, unlike United have already qualified for next season’s Champions League.

The German Bundesliga side are looking for a fee of around £100m for the talented winger. While it’s believed United are hoping talk of their £50m cap will persuade the player to push hard for a transfer.

Speaking in the August issue of the World Soccer Magazine, Sancho made a fresh statement when asked about the speculation, which includes reported interest from Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea too.

“I don’t know what to say to that,” he said. “It’s hard to say. That’s the future.

“You never know what could happen, so we will wait and see.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM