Carragher urges Liverpool to beat Man Utd to £116.2m sensation

Date published: Thursday 16th April 2020 4:28

Jamie.Carragher.Gary_.Neville.TEAMtalk

Jamie Carragher has urged his old club Liverpool get one over on bitter rivals Manchester United by signing Jadon Sancho.

The Reds are firmly in the market for fresh attacking talent this summer, particularly given Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane’s continued links with big-money moves to LaLiga, while the due will also miss a significant chunk of the season at the African Cup of Nations.

RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner has long been linked with a move to Anfield, but Chelsea are major rivals to sign the Germany international and are already said to be a step ahead of the Reds by opening discussions with the player’s representatives.

As for Sancho, Jurgen Klopp has always been a big fan – but an asking price of €130m (£116.2m) is thought to be too rich for the Merseysiders, especially if the 20-year-old signs as a rotational player.

To that end, United have moved to the front of the queue for the former Manchester City academy starlet, but Carragher wants his old club to stun their rivals and splash the cash for the talented winger.

“Yes, I’d like to see that,” the former defender said on his Instagram channel. “But I don’t expect it.”

Klopp has previously spoken very highly of the England international, but also expressed major concerns at his price tag.

“He’s a very good player,” Klopp said of Sancho. “I have no clue where these kind of things are coming from, but it cannot come from us because we never speak about it.

“If we would be involved, nobody would know about it apart from a person who wouldn’t speak about it. There’s nothing to say.

“Cost? That’s one issue, 100 per cent that would be an issue. But there’s nothing to say about it.

“I know how it sounds, but I cannot change that.

“There’s nothing to say about it, which can mean there’s absolutely nothing to say about it.”

 

Transfer expert gives Man Utd the news they wanted on Jadon Sancho

United have been told that they can expect to be ‘extremely active’ when the transfer window opens after a transfer expert delivered an exciting update on their chances of signing Sancho.

The Borussia Dortmund forward’s development since his £8m switch from Manchester City nearly three years ago has been nothing short of sensational.

The England international has stepped it up a gear this term, having scored 17 goals and assisted 19 others in 35 appearances and now reportedly tops Manchester United’s list of targets for the summer transfer window.

And while United tried, and failed, to sign him last summer, it looks increasingly likely that its a case of second time lucky for the Reds Devils after it was claimed Sancho had given the green light on a move to Old Trafford.

Furthermore, it was suggested the player will wear the No 7 shirt and will opt to move to United regardless of whether the club secure Champions League football or not. Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM