Jorginho agent provides update on €60m Man City transfer

Date published: Tuesday 12th June 2018 10:10

Jorginho’s agent says the opportunity to move to Manchester City this summer is an “opportunity of a lifetime”.

City are understood to be leading the chase for the Napoli midfielder, as they look for a replacement for Yaya Toure.

City boss Pep Guardiola confirmed last month that a central midfield player was his top target, but denied there would be wholesale changes to his title-winning squad.

“Yaya [Toure] is leaving so we have to replace him, and maybe another one,” Guardiola told MNF Football.

“One or two more, no more. We cannot invest…maybe people don’t believe me but we don’t have the money to invest £300m every season.

Napoli  have turned down a €50million offer from City, according to Napoli club president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

However, City are sill believed to be keen on getting a deal for the Italy international over the line, but his agent Joao Santos says if a move fails to materialise his client would be happy to stay with the Serie A side.

“Jorginho is good at Napoli, but there are negotiations with Manchester City and this is why we do not talk about a renewal,” he told TuttoMercatoWeb.

“We are talking about a boy for whom Manchester City represents the opportunity of a lifetime.

“But beware – he would not be sad if he stayed in Naples. In Naples the boy is well and is happy.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM