Jorginho agent leaves clear hint after denying Juventus contact

Date published: Thursday 21st May 2020 7:49 - Jonny Whitfield

Jorginho Chelsea TEAMtalk

The agent of Chelsea midfielder Jorginho was keen to reiterate Juventus’ status as one of Europe’s top clubs after denying contact between himself and the Serie A giants.

Jorginho, who moved to Chelsea from Napoli along with former Blues boss Maurizio Sarri in the summer of 2018, endured a tough first season and admitted later that he had thoughts about leaving.

However, after Sarri’s exit and Frank Lampard’s arrival in the dugout, the Italy international has settled but reports have long suggested that Sarri – now Juve boss – wants to reunite with the midfielder.

It has been claimed that Juve have held discussions about a return to the Serie A for the midfielder, but Jorginho’s agent – Joao Santos – has insisted he knows nothing about such rumours.

“Juventus are one of the top teams in Europe and any player would like to play for them,” the agent told Radio Kiss Kiss (via Goal).

“I haven’t heard from [sporting director Fabio] Paratici, he hasn’t called me. Jorginho has three years left on his contract with Chelsea, he’s doing well in London.

“I read about the links with Juve through newspapers and various outlets.

“I repeat, Juventus are one of the top clubs in football.”

Jorginho has played 26 of Chelsea’s 29 Premier League games this season and has progressed under Lampard.

Speaking of his struggles last year, however, the 28-year-old said: “Last year, fans were picking on me a lot because I’d arrived with another manager and, in my opinion, I ended up hearing some things that were honestly unfair.

“But I’ve never challenged the views of the fans and other people who criticised me. Quite the opposite, actually – it gave me strength because inside I knew they were wrong.”

In other news, Chelsea have confirmed that veteran goalkeeper Willy Caballero has signed a one-year extension to his contract at Stamford Bridge.

After Olivier Giroud also signed up for another year, only the futures of Willian and Pedro – both of whom are set to leave on June 30 as it stands – remain unresolved.

Read more…

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM