Klopp probed about Liverpool goalkeeping situation

Date published: Tuesday 13th February 2018 8:15

Jurgen Klopp refused to give any indication as to the future of Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet on Tuesday night.

Klopp has confirmed Loris Karius, who has taken over as first-choice goalkeeper, will start in Portugal against Porto tomorrow.

Reports have suggested Mignolet’s future at Anfield is coming to and end with Klopp believed to be looking for a new no.1 in the summer – a move which will see the Belgian leave Anfield.

Klopp was asked whether not rotating Karius and keeping the German as the man between the sticks in Europe meant anything regarding Mignolet’s future.

“Nobody knows about his (Mignolet) future. I don’t know about it,” said Klopp.

“It says nothing about it. It’s not about me to think about these things. I have to make a decision for tomorrow night, that’s all. That’s what I will do no problem.”

Mignolet has been Liverpool’s established number one since arriving from Sunderland in the summer of 2013, but last month he hinted he was considering his options.

“Ten days ago, after the game against Burnley, I had a conversation with Klopp,” Mignolet told Belgian media outlet Sporza. “In the Christmas period we had rotated again and I felt that that was not a healthy situation for a keeper.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM