Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro have announced the signing of Liverpool midfielder Allan Rodriguez de Souza after weeks of speculation over his Anfield future.
Allan, who moved to Anfield for £500,000 in 2015 with Brendan Rodgers at the helm, did not make a single appearance for the Reds and was instead sent out on several loan spells.
Fluminese were reported to be well in the hunt for the Brazilian, with one report claiming that they had offered a better deal than Atletico for his services.
Indeed, Liverpool were also said to be “dragging their heels” over the player’s future due to the onus being on them to find the best deal.
However, Atletico announced the signing of Allan, 22, on Thursday on a contract running until 2023.
According to the Daily Mirror, Liverpool have agreed a £2.5m deal with the Brazilian side, bringing the Anfield side £2m in profit.
Allan is the fourth Liverpool player to complete a move away so far this month, with Herbie Kane, Rhian Brewster and Isaac Christie-Davies all securing loan moves.
Brewster, who was heavily linked with a move to the Championship after a change in stance by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, has moved to Swansea until the end of the season.
Kane, meanwhile, has joined Hull and Christie-Davies is set for a spell with Belgian side Cercle Brugge.
Elsewhere, Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers gave little away when asked about the potential of a move for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson.
Wilson is on loan at Bournemouth until the end of the season but his future beyond then is unclear, with Klopp well-stocked in attack.
Rodgers said: “We want to add to squad if we can.
“It all comes down to availability. We’ve got a really strong squad and lots of them are young players evolving. We want to but if we can’t we’ll continue with the squad we’ve got and look to reinforce in the summer.
“I know Harry [Wilson] very well. He’s a fantastic talent. I don’t speculate or gossip on other players, especially other players from other teams.”