Genk midfielder Sander Berge has said that he would be willing to talk to teams interested in his signature, but only if the “right” club makes a sensible approach.
The 21-year-old has impressed for Belgian side Genk so far this term, including when his performance at Anfield earlier this season reportedly led to Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp speaking to the midfielder in private after the sides’ Champions League clash.
Recent reports have indicated that the Reds are keen on signing Berge to provide cover for the injured Fabinho, while Chelsea are also said to be tracking the Norwegian.
Speaking to Belgian news outlet Het Laatste Nieuws, however, Berge said that while he remains unaffected by such speculation, he would be willing to discuss with other clubs if the chance arises.
Asked about the reports surrounding his future, he said: “I can assure you that this is not the case with me.
“Winter or summer, every transfer period there is a lot of speculation about my future. But at the moment, there’s nothing concrete, and that’s just the truth.
“Playing Champions League with Racing Genk was a dream come true for me, but it’s not because that adventure is over that I absolutely want to leave now.
“If the right club comes forward and puts the right amount on the table for me then we can talk.
“Otherwise I’ll just stay with Racing Genk until the end of this season.”
Berge, who moved to Genk in 2017, has two years left on his current contract with the club.
Liverpool are said to be on the verge of signing the Japanese international after reports earlier this week claimed that the club had accelerated their plans to sign him by triggering his £7.25m release clause.
Minamino appears to have played his final game for Salzburg after missing their 2-2 draw with Hartberg on Saturday, ahead of a two-month winter break.
The 24-year-old was one of the standout players for the Austrian side in their Champions League campaign this season, which ended on Tuesday after defeat to the Reds left them third in Group E.