The agent of Liverpool transfer target Piotr Zielinski has claimed his client has decided what his next club will be with AC Milan believed to be his destination of choice.
The 22-year-old Udinese midfielder is believed to have been tracked by Jurgen Klopp all year, but several sources have claimed a deal with AC Milan has been agreed which will leave Liverpool looking elsewhere to bolster their central midfield.
The Poland star’s agent, Bartolomej Bolek, has admitted his client has made his decision but has so far refused to reveal where the player will be playing next season
Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, he said: “I met owner [Giampaolo] Pozzo and spoke to Udinese today. We know that many offers reached Udinese for Zielinski. We’re talking to Pozzo and the interested clubs.
“After the Euros, he went on vacation as he needed to rest after a long season. He will return to Udinese on July 22 or 23.
“It’s true [that Liverpool have been tracking the player] but I don’t like to talk about negotiations in the papers.
“We’ve decided [what his next club will be], but it’s a secret.”
Liverpool and Napoli are believed to lodged a €12million bids for the player this month with the player reportedly set for a move to Naples after Udinese turned down Liverpool’s offer. But no move has been forthcoming and now AC Milan look set to clinch the signing of the player, who has been on loan at Empoli for the last two seasons.
Zielinski revealed in April there had been contact with Klopp over a potential switch to the Premier League.
“There is a lot of truth in (talk of) the interest of (Liverpool boss) Jurgen Klopp in me. There was contact, I do not deny that, ” Zielinksi told Sportowe Fakty.
Liverpool are believed to have now switched their attention to Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, while Klopp is also keen on signing an experienced centre-back after the injuries to Joe Gomez and Mamadou Sakho.