Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre says he is aware that Manchester United target Jadon Sancho could leave the club in the coming months.
Sancho has become one of Europe’s most sought-after attackers in recent seasons, scoring 20 goals and assisting 20 others this term.
Overall, the 20-year-old has directly contributed 77 goals in 96 appearances since his move from Manchester City.
United were heavily linked with Sancho last summer but after a deal failed to materialise, their interest has not waned.
The England international is reportedly one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top target alongside Jack Grealish.
Speaking to reporters on Monday (via Goal), Favre admitted that Sancho and Achraf Hakimi – who is in the second year of a two-year loan spell from Real Madrid – could both leave in the coming months.
“We’ll see after the season” the manager said. “Of course, players will leave. We hope the players will stay, but it is possible that players will leave.
“You have already mentioned two [Hakimi and Sancho] that we don’t definitely know about.
“Of course, they could stay with us, which would be very good for me. But we’ll see what we’ll do, whether it’s in defence, midfield or attack.”
Dortmund’s chances of catching Bayern Munich at the top of the Bundesliga shortened last week after the reigning champions won 2-1 against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Dortmund also won – courtesy of Erling Haaland’s late winner – but Bayern can wrap up the title on Tuesday.
MAN UTD TO RESTART ON FRIDAY
United, meanwhile, resume their Premier League campaign on Friday against Tottenham.
Solskjaer will have the luxury of picking from a fully-fit squad after being hit with several injuries throughout the season.
Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford were key absences, with the latter enjoying his best campaign in front of goal.
United warmed up for their return with back-to-back friendlies against West Brom on Saturday.