Lyon supremo hands Liverpool, Spurs huge hope over star duo

Date published: Tuesday 18th June 2019 8:58

Tanguy Ndombele; Nabil Fekir TEAMtalk

Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas has admitted that star men Nabil Fekir and Tanguy Ndombele could leave the club this summer.

Fekir’s proposed transfer to Liverpool fell through last year due to concerns over a long-standing knee injury, and although there were rumours the Reds were ready to do a deal – they were denied.

Midfielder Ndombele has been strongly linked with Tottenham, having seemingly ruled out a switch to Manchester United, and told Telefoot on Sunday: “What player wouldn’t be interested in such a big club?”

But when talking about the pair to L’Equipe, Aulas first said of Fekir: “His preference is shifting towards a move. We are open to discussions.

“I have no news. We are waiting for offers in the coming days but for now, there is nothing.

“Nothing is decided for Tanguy Ndombele. We have lots of offers but they do not come up to the price we feel is right.”

Defender Ferland Mendy has already left the club for Real Madrid, with Lyon targeting out-of-contract Atletico Madrid left-back Filipe Luis as his replacement.

Aulas added: “He is one of the players who interests us. We met with him recently but we are quite far from an agreement.

“He wants to take his time to make his decision. Nothing will be done before the end of the Copa America in July.”

 

Get the latest personalised Reds products on our new TEAMtalk Liverpool shop!

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM