Man Utd given £50m boost as Solskjaer clarifies stance on starlet’s future

Date published: Friday 3rd April 2020 10:26

Manchester United have promised Brandon Williams regular gametime next season by abandoning their search for a new left-back, a report has revealed.

The teenager made his senior debut for United in September, and has gone on to impress in further opportunities this season after securing a contract with the club until 2022.

However, the Red Devils continue to be linked with reinforcements in his position, where experience is crucial.

Reports in January claimed that United would be going all out for Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell in the summer, with Williams not yet seen as a regular.

Since then, though, Williams has started in big games against Chelsea and Manchester City, as well as in the Europa League against Club Brugge and LASK.

Now, The Sun claim that the 19-year-old has held talks with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about his immediate future, as he looks to continue his development.

It is claimed that Solskjaer told him he had a firm place in his plans and would not be sent out on loan, with the club calling off their search for another left-back – which could save them a hefty sum of money.

 

The Sun‘s source claims: “The manager has told Brandon to keep doing what he is doing and to keep his feet on the ground.

“At the same time, Ole has stopped looking for a new left-back. Brandon has done enough.

“There was an idea he could go out like Dean Henderson has, to another Premier League club or a team in the Championship.

“Ole loves Brandon’s attitude and he will be here next season. The bosses think he will save them £50m.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM