Man Utd offered hope as prime target gives surprising Real Madrid update

Date published: Monday 20th January 2020 11:30

Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek has responded to the speculation over his future by denying that Real Madrid have offered him a contract.

Van de Beek, who has been at Ajax since joining the youth ranks, has been one of the club’s star players in recent seasons and featured in last term’s run to the Champions League semi-finals.

The 22-year-old was subsequently named on the 30-man shortlist for last year’s Ballon d’Or and he has chipped in with nine goals and eight assists so far this campaign.

Such a run of form has seen Van de Beek linked with Madrid and Manchester United, with the latest report claiming that a deal to take him to the Spanish capital is all but completed.

However, speaking to reporters (via¬†Goal) about the rumours, Van de Beek said: “Nothing is official [with Real Madrid].

“There is no contract. That is the situation. That has not changed throughout the season.”

Asked if he had to choose between staying at Ajax and moving to Madrid, the midfielder said: “I don’t want to choose.

“Both are great clubs, but as I said before, Ajax is also a great club.

“Therefore, there is nothing to choose from. Everything would be very good.”

 

 

United and Madrid are both on the hunt for new midfielders; the Red Devils have suffered key injuries to Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay while Real need to find a long-term replacement for Luka Modric, 34.

Another midfielder United have been heavily linked with in recent days is Sporting Lisbon’s Bruno Fernandes.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s side have reportedly been in talks with the Portuguese outfit for over a week but fresh reports claim the deal is being complicated further.

It has previously been claimed that the two clubs are far apart on their valuation of the 25-year-old, with the likes of Marcus Rojo and Andreas Pereira then offered as sweeteners.

However, the players involved have either dismissed the idea of heading to Lisbon or the club has rejected the proposals put forward to them by Sporting.

Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM