Manchester United have failed in a late bid to sign Bournemouth striker Josh King, according to reports.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed he was chasing a late addition to his forward line after Wednesday’s win over Manchester City.
Solskjaer said he was keen to add a striker who would “break a nose to score a goal” but so far his attempts have hit a brick wall, including a move for 28-year-old King.
The Daily Mail and The Telegraph report that United made an approach for the Norwegian striker as they looked for cover for the injured Marcus Rashford.
But Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth have rejected a move for the player, whom Solskjaer worked with at Old Trafford over a decade ago.
A ‘United insider’ told the Telegraph: “We thought we could get done but was met with resistance from Bournemouth.”
King himself is recovering from a hamstring problem, but is expected to return soon, however the Cherries are desperate to keep hold of the player as they fight the drop.
United are still understood to be in talks with Islam Slimani’s agent and have been linked with Salomon Rondon.
Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol also claimed on Thursday that United had been offered Real Sociedad frontman Willian Jose.
“I’ve been told that Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign Jose,” the reporter said on The Transfer Show. “This source is also telling me that United could sign him on loan, as well as Spurs.”