Man Utd inferred as principal suitors, as Barcelona snub €15m bid

Date published: Monday 18th November 2019 4:51

Ivan Rakitic TEAMtalk

Barcelona have reportedly rejected a €15million offer from an unnamed Premier League club for Ivan Rakitic.

Spanish outlet Sport claim that the LaLiga giants have turned down the offer for the 31-year-old midfielder as they hold out for a fee closer to €35million.

Both Manchester United and Chelsea have been linked with the Croatian in recent months with reports indicating that Barca will be open to offers for him in January after playing a bit-part role for Ernesto Valverde.

Having only missed four La Liga games last season, Rakitic has only made one LaLiga start this term and asked recently if he was enjoying his life in Catalania, he said: “How can I enjoy it?

“It’s like I’ve said many times, how does my little daughter feel when you take a toy from her?”

The report claims Juventus and Atletico Madrid also interested in his services, but Sport claimed United had opened talks with Rakitic last month, so it seems pretty safe to suggest that Sport think the “unnamed” club is United.

 

 

It’s reported that Solskjaer will be given funds to make up to four new signings in January – and the Norwegian has already identified more firepower up front and midfield reinforcements as a priority, while he has also admitted he may add experience to his squad.

Rakitic, who has more than 18 months left on his contract, recently admitted his future was up in the air, but he still feels he has a lot to offer at the highest level.

“I understand and respect the decisions of the coach or a club or whatever, but I think I’ve given a lot in these five years and I’ve been at my peak here,” he added.

“And what I want is to be able to continue enjoying playing, that is the most important thing for me. I enjoy playing. I’m 31 years old, I’m not 38, and I feel at my best.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM