Borussia Dortmund have reportedly warned Manchester United that they only have until the end of July to wrap up the transfer of Jadon Sancho.
The Bundesliga side do not want to leave themselves in a panic to replace the England star and want the player’s future resolved by the end of the month.
Dortmund-based outlet Ruhr Nachrichten state that Lucien Favre’s side are not prepared to let talks drag on forever and are quite prepared to keep the 20-year-old at Signal Iduna Park for another season.
Apparently Dortmund do not want to repeat the mistake they made with Ousmane Dembele three summers ago, even though the transfer window could be extended until October.
Barcelona wanted to sign the France international, but the negotiations dragged on and only on August 28 did the mega deal go through, which potentially could net the Germans £135.5m.
That left Hans-Joachim Watzke und Michael Zorc very little time to find a replacement for Dembele, and they do not want a repeat of that this summer.
The price tag of the forward will likely be the sticking point of any prospective deal. All the indications are that Sancho remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top summer target.
No Sancho indications
Apparently “senior club officials” told the broadcaster that United and Borussia Dortmund are poles apart regarding the valuation of the England forward.
That public move appears to be an attempt by United to get Sancho to push for an exit from Germany. However, the report claims there is no indication from the player yet that he wants to leave the club.
Dortmund meanwhile, are apparently refusing to budge from their €120m valuation. The player’s father travelled to the club’s offices last month to discuss the situation and is said to open to all outcomes.