Man Utd expected to complete deal as Barcelona starlet confirms exit

Date published: Tuesday 30th June 2020 9:47

Barcelona teenager Marc Jurado has confirmed he is leaving the Catalan giants, with Manchester United expected to sign him.

The 16-year-old took to social media to bid farewell to the Nou Camp outfit, with whom he has rejected a new contract.

With MEN Sport reporting that he is expected to join the United academy instead.

United will only have to pay a small compensation fee for the right-back. Jurado was highly regarded by Barca but could not earn a new deal.

Jurado joins former Sunderland striker Joe Hugill, 16, in switching to the United academy this summer.

On Instagram, Jurado said: “It’s never easy to leave a team that has given you everything. FC Barcelona has been my second home, where I have developed as a player and as a person.

“Today it’s time to say goodbye, but not before expressing my gratitude to each of the people who have helped me.

“I have been lucky to share my passion with a fantastic generation, with which I will always be linked.

“We started as boys who just wanted to run after a ball and I say goodbye, nine years later, calling them friends.

Luis Suarez has loaded blame onto under-fire Barcelona boss Quique Setien after the weekend draw with Celta Vigo

“Only we know the immense luck we have had with all the coaches who have developed us and helped us to keep fulfilling our dreams.

“Every stage has a beginning and an end. Mine, having reflected a lot with my family, has come. I leave behind unforgettable memories which will always stay with me.”

United are also letting a number of homegrown players leave this summer, as per their released and retained list.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Demetri Mitchell, Ethan Hamilton, Dion McGhee, George Tanner, Aidan Barlow, Kieran O’Hara, Alex Fojticek and Largie Ramazani will be let go at the expiration of their contracts on June 30.

 

 

GOMES TURNS DOWN NEW UNITED DEAL

Angel Gomes turned down a new contract worth £25,000 per week plus bonuses from Manchester United, according to a report.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had previously said the club was in talks with the midfielder over a new deal.

However, the Norwegian has reached the tentative conclusion that no agreement had been reached.

Gomes’ contract runs out on Tuesday. Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM