Man Utd miss Sancho deadline, but still have best ever chance to sign him

Date published: Monday 10th August 2020 9:59

Jadon Sancho

Manchester United are yet to make an official bid for Jadon Sancho, according to reports, after Borussia Dortmund responded to the news of him being in the UK.

Sancho is the main target for Manchester United this summer. Having excelled in three years in Dortmund, the England winger is eyeing a return to the Premier League.

Man Utd are the only club who can afford him, meaning it is a one-horse race for his signature. However, they still have to persuade Dortmund to let him go.

According to Sky Sports News, that has been a problem so far. United are not willing to meet Dortmund’s €120m asking price for the 20-year-old.

However, they have not told Dortmund what they would be willing to pay – which is frustrating the Bundesliga outfit. In fact, United have not submitted a formal offer.

That goes against the selling club’s plan, as Dortmund wanted Sancho’s future resolved by now. Their pre-season training camp commences on Monday, and they wanted to resolve Sancho’s future before then.

That has not been the case, and so they expect Sancho to be present for training. However, the transfer saga is likely to rumble on – with Manchester Evening News previously reporting that United believe Dortmund’s deadline was “artificial” due to the transfer window still being open until October.

Sancho was in the UK over the weekend, at a house party hosted by rap duo Krept and Konan. Along with news that he is now in a WhatsApp group with some current United players, it led to speculation that a move was close to completion.

Dortmund still want to keep the England international, and are trying to tempt him with a new contract. As Sky note, though, Sancho wants Man Utd – who “may never be in a stronger position to sign him” due to the lack of competition.

However, Kicker reveal that Sancho has promised Dortmund his full commitment if his move to United falls through.

 

DORTMUND RESPOND TO SANCHO PARTY NEWS

Any thoughts that Sancho’s presence in the UK was a sign of his imminent move to Old Trafford has been brushed away by his current club.

Dortmund’s director of media and communication, Sascha Fligge, has said Sancho’s return to his home country for a party was perfectly normal.

Fligge added that Sancho had not broken any rules in making the visit.

“It’s common and fine for players to go home before a training camp if they’re not risky,” Fligge said.

“The same goes for Jadon [Sancho]. From our point of view, the pictures that have been shown to us so far do not violate.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM