Man Utd blow £12m Ajax bid out of the water for impressive attacking talent

Date published: Monday 17th May 2021 9:44 - Rob McCarthy

Solskjaer.Man_.Utd_.TEAMtalk

Manchester United have reportedly blown Ajax’s £12million bid for Nordsjaelland attacker Kamaldeen Sulemana out of the water.

A report from Football Insider claims that talks were held with the Danish club on Monday, with United winning out in the race to land the impressive 19-year-old. Ajax had already tabled their offer for Sulemana but look certain to miss out.

Sulemana has scored 10 goals and added three assists for Nordsjaelland this campaign. His performances have led to a number of top clubs showing an interest. But the only concrete offers have come from the Red Devils and Ajax.

Football Insider claims that Nordsjaelland wanted to hear United’s offer, after the Dutch giant’s initial bid was £3m less than their asking price.

The response from the Old Trafford outfit was to blow that bid out of the water. However, it’s not stated how much they have offered.

If Sulemana does make the move to Manchester, he is expected to compete with the likes of Amad Diallo for a first-team squad place.

There is also the option to loan the player out for extra experience. United did likewise with summer signing Facundo Pellistri this season.


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


Free-agent Man Utd target open about his future

Meanwhile, Hakan Calhanoglu says he is no nearer to resolving his future despite his AC Milan contract expiring next month.

As things stand the 27-year-old midfielder will be a free agent this summer and there will be a clamour to get the player signed up. Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea have all been linked with the 55-cap Turkey international. Calhanoglu though could remain in Milan after arriving from Bayer Leverkusen in 2017. The playmaker says he will sit down with Rossoneri officials at the end of the season, with an extension not out of the question.

That would be a blow to a number of clubs in England. In particular Arsenal, who look likely to have to work to a tight transfer budget this summer with European qualification unlikely.

Hakan Calhanoglu TEAMtalk

Earlier this month a report from Milan Live said Arsenal are competing with Juventus and Galatasaray for the player.

Asked about his plans by Sky Sport Italia, Calhanoglu has said: “I am very happy that we reached this point. We’re fired up and want to book our spot in the Champions League.

“I always said that I wanted to get into the Champions League with Milan.

“However, my future does not depend on the Champions League. I am very happy to be here playing for Milan.

“At the end of the season, I will sit down with Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara to discuss my future. They are the ones in charge and I respect them.”

READ MORE: Solskjaer lands dig at Mourinho’s door over ‘achievement’

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM