Man Utd reluctant to pursue Mandzukic deal unless key term agreed

Date published: Wednesday 16th October 2019 10:03

Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic has been told that he will need to lower his wage demands if he wants to move to Manchester United, according to reports.

The Croatian hitman has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in January in the past few weeks, with Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said to believe the 33-year-old can help his side, who are struggling in front of goal.

Despite Mandzukic being high on United’s list of January targets, ESPN claim that the club want to have control over the price they pay for potential arrivals and do not want to be held to ransom by players.

 

 

The source says that this includes wages too, with Mandzukic being told that he must lower his salary expectations or face the risk of losing out on a move to the Premier League.

Mandzukic was previously linked with a move to Qatar but Juventus director Fabio Paratici revealed that a summer move to the middle east did not materialise, adding that he will “see what happens” about the forward’s future in January.

Meanwhile, Thursday’s newspapers also reported that United were keen on Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kross and have made a significant bid for the German.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM