Man Utd make contact with two big-name strikers as deadline looms

Date published: Tuesday 29th September 2020 7:02

Solskjaer Carrick TEAMtalk

Manchester United are reportedly in contact with two strikers after a less than emphatic start to the Premier League season.

A home defeat by Crystal Palace and a fortunate win over Brighton have apparently left Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looking for answers in the transfer window.

That window, for international business closes on October 5, and transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio says Solskjaer has two names on his radar.

The first is free agent Edinson Cavani, who left PSG at the end of the season when his contract expired.

The source claims talks are in progress with the striker’s representatives. The 33-year-old was in talks with Benfica last month, but Cavani wanted a three-year contract worth €10m-a-season (£8.8m). Those demands were out of Benfica’s reach and the deal fell through.

A move for Cavani would not be in fitting with United’s policy of attracting young talent, but Solskjaer did sanction a move for veteran striker Odion Ighalo last season.

Di Marzio also states that United have asked about Luka Jovic at Real Madrid and claims “the ballot is open”.

Spanish outlet AS report that Zinedine Zidane has approved the loan of Jovic before Monday.

The frozen out Serbia forward has three firm proposals on the table from Rome, Inter and Milan, in that order.

The paper does also claim that United have a tentative interest in the 22-year-old. That interest is labelled “less intense” and a move to Old Trafford “is the most remote option”.

 

 

Apparently Jovic and Real have agreed that he needs more game time after just four LaLiga starts this season.

Jovic has started one of Real’s two league games so far, but Zidane wants Jovic to mature elsewhere and then return to the Bernabeu ready to play for Los Blancos.

AS go on to state that Jovic “likes” the United option, but there has been no offer as yet.

Man Utd make Telles bid

Manchester United have submitted a new and improved offer in their bid to sign Porto left-back Alex Telles, according to a report.

United have put much of their focus into signing a winger this transfer window. However the hunt for their top target has stalled, with Borussia Dortmund standing firm on Jadon Sancho‘s £108million valuation.

As such, left-back has become a priority area for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to improve upon. The Red Devils boss is keen to provide competition for Luke Shaw.

Telles has now emerged as United’s top target, with Sergio Reguilion moving to Tottenham. Indeed reports on Monday claimed that Old Trafford chiefs had made their first official bid.

That bid reportedly fell “significantly” short of Porto’s asking price and, as such, RMC Sport now says that United have submitted a second bid for the 27-year-old.

READ MORE…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM