Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea target opens door on a summer transfer

Date published: Monday 12th March 2018 1:53

Arturo Vidal has refused to rule out his possible summer exit from Bayern Munich.

The 30-year-old midfielder has been linked with Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea this season and it seems his future with the Bundesliga champions is far from assured.

The Chile international has referenced Leon Goretzka’s free-transfer arrival from Schalke and he has hinted that may well have cast a shadow on his hopes for next season.

He told Kicker: “I know Goretzka will arrive at the club but I don’t know where he will be playing. As for my future I don’t know if I will leave or sign a contract extension with the club. We’ve taken the right path anyway.”

Vidal, who is contracted until 2019, joined Bayern from Juventus for €40million after losing the 2015 Champions League final against Barcelona.

Recently the Manchester Evening News claimed Vidal was on a target list for Jose Mourinho this summer.

And according to Tuttosport in September Vidal was being watched by AC Milan, Chelsea and Liverpool.

“People at Bayern Munich are doing well, that’s why they don’t need to spend big money in the summer. I am ready to play in Europe until I am 37, then I want to return to Chile and play the last year of my career with Colo Colo,” added Vidal.

Ahead of the January transfer window Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes said Chelsea had not enquired about Vidal

“There is no contact between Chelsea and Bayern,” he said. “We will not sell Arturo or any other player for that matter during the winter break.”

 

More from Planet Sport: del Potro: Everybody wants Messi to win the World Cup (Tennis365)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments