Brands predicts ‘exciting’ times ahead after signing Everton deal

Date published: Wednesday 21st April 2021 2:08 - TEAMtalk staff

Ancelotti Brands Everton TEAMtalk

Everton’s director of football Marcel Brands has signed a three-year contract extension.

The Dutchman, who arrived at Goodison Park in June 2018 and joined the club’s board the following January, believes progress is being made and he has an important summer ahead in supporting manager Carlo Ancelotti’s plans.

“Everton is a very special football club and a club with clear and exciting ambitions,” he said.

“We are making good progress and I believe we have everything in place for us to be successful.

“I am delighted to continue to work alongside such supportive and ambitious colleagues on our board and executive team and this, together with such a talented manager and supportive owner and chairman, puts us in a really strong position for the future.”

Brands was praised for his work so far by chairman Bill Kenwright.


GET ALL YOUR EVERTON MERCHANDISE HERE – DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE


“There hasn’t really been any doubt for some time that Marcel and I would sit down and agree a new contract,” he said.

“As well as being terrific at his job, Marcel has an excellent working relationship with Carlo and with our CEO Denise (Barrett-Baxendale) and myself and it was important to maintain the structure and stability we have put in place over recent years.

“(Majority shareholder) Farhad (Moshiri) and I both wish our leadership team success and happiness as we all work together to build an exciting future for our great club.”


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


Kean brother speaks out

Meanwhile, Giovanni Kean, the brother of Moise Kean, claims that it will be ‘difficult’ for the player to return to Goodison.

The Italy international joined French giants PSG on a season-long loan deal last summer after struggling for game time on Merseyside. He very quickly established himself as a key player for the Ligue 1 outfit, scoring some important goals as Mauricio Pochettino’s men chase silverware at home and in Europe.

Several reports have previously stated that PSG are determined to land Kean in a permanent deal. Indeed, they have already drawn up a plan to sell Mauro Icardi to fund the move.

Juventus have also been linked with a swoop for their former attacker, who they sold to the Toffees for £25million in 2019.

And Giovanni Kean, as quoted by TuttoMercatoWeb, hopes his brother returns to Turin this summer.

He said: “Let’s say that it seems difficult for him to return to Everton, despite the card being owned by the English. I assure you that at PSG he is very comfortable. Then in football you never know, anything can happen.

“As a Juventus fan, I hope Moise will return to Juventus. At the right moment my brother and Raiola will choose the best option.”

READ MORE: Everton look to LaLiga ally to get imposing transfer over the line

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM