Alvaro Morata’s agent has confirmed Manchester United have submitted a bid for the striker and says Real Madrid now had an “important decision” to make on his future.
United have made the Spain striker their No 1 target this summer after abandoning their efforts to sign Antoine Griezmann, with reports last week saying Jose Mourinho’s side had lodged an opening offer of £52.4million.
Although Real Madrid rejected that approach, United have since submitted an increased bid, believed to be £60million, for the former Juventus striker.
And the player’s agent Juanma Lopez has conceded that a transfer is increasingly likely.
In an interview with Calciomercato, Lopez said of United’s interest: “They are a club of great charm, a very interesting option.”
Asked if he Morata had already agreed a deal, he continued: “I can say there’s a very important proposal and the decision rests with Real. I cannot tell [if it will be done quickly], we’ll see.”
“That I cannot tell, we’ll see,” he added.
“Yes [Milan have tried to sign Morata], there have been frequent contacts with us until a few days ago, I can confirm,” Lopez said.
“Simply the Real Madrid has considered unsatisfactory club offered Rossoneri.”
Chelsea have also been linked with a move for Morata, with reports earlier on Monday suggesting they could yet gazump United and bid £66million for the player.