Moron reveals why he rejected summer move to West Ham

Date published: Tuesday 16th October 2018 12:55

Loren Moron TEAMtalk

Real Betis striker Loren Moron has revealed why he rejected the opportunity to join West Ham over the summer.

The 24-year-old raised his release clause at Los Verdiblancos from €25m to €40m plus addon-ons after penning a new long-term contract last summer.

The frontman had been strongly tipped to move to the London Stadium but the switch failed to materialise, despite firm interest from the Hammers.

And Moron told Estadio Deportivo: “It is true there were several clubs who contacted me regarding their interest and we had one firm proposal from them (West Ham).

“I did not want to throw away the opportunity I have here at Betis after moving through the youth system and playing for the reserve side.

“I let my agents know, I told my parents and friends and told them that my intention was to stay and continue here.

“Now I am finally reaping what I sowed a long time ago and I am enjoying my time here a lot.”

Moron has scored nine goals in 17 La Liga starts since his first-team debut for Betis back in February.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM